Election 2013: Passage to the 31st Presidency
Following the Bylaws, the AKPA Election 2013 will elect the 31st president, whose term will start 2015, and the Auditor for the next (30th) administration. The president-elect will also join the 30th AKPA administration (President: Prof. Jaehoon Yu, U. of Texas at Arlington) as the vice president as the Bylaws requires.
Details on the election are described and will be updated below. If there is any question/suggestions, please contact to the Election Committee (see below).
- December 1, 2012: Due for the completion of the nomination process by the Nomination Committee.
- December 3 - 5, 2012: Due for the announcing the final list of candidates including their information and the statements to general members
- December 5 - 11, 2012: Official campaign period.
- December 12 - 23, 2012: Voting
- December 26, 2012: Announcing the next/vice president and auditor elected.
Committees for Election 2013
Prof. Ki-Hyon Kim (NC Central), Chair, 919-530-6451
Prof. Cheung-Ryong Ji (NC State), 919-600-0916
Prof. Jaehoon Yu (U. of Texas at Arlington), Chair, 817-808-9605
Prof. Yoonseok Lee (U. of Florida) 352-281-1127
- Nomination committee searches for candidates for both positions.
- Any member (including general member) who is interested in either position or who likes to recommend someone(s) should contact to the Nomination (and/or Election) committee.
- Candidates should be a regular member.
- Official announcement of candidates will be made on December 26, 2012.
- The qualified voters would be the members as defined by the Bylaws.
- Each qualified voter will be notified before the election by an e-mail.
- Official campaign period is December 5 - 11.
- The Election Committee will make the information on each candidate available.
- During this period, candidates can contact to qualified voters regarding to the election.
- During this period, any voter asks question(s) related to this election to any/all candidate(s) by sending emails to the Election Committee. Election Committee will try to get responses from the candidate(s), which will be posted to all members and/or the questioner.
- Voting will be performed through Emails
- Details on the vote procedure will be announced later via e-mail to qualified voters.
- The official closing time would be Midnight (PST), December 23, 2012, but earlier voting is encouraged.
- The result with the President-Elect and new Auditor will be announced on December 26, 2012.
Any complaints related to the campaign/election have to be reported to the Election Committee, who will try to resolve them.