Prof. Eun-Suk Seo (U. of Maryland) was elected as the 29th AKPA President by the AKPA members. Dr. Pil-Neyo Seo (Duke U.) was also elected as the Auditor for the current 28th administration. Below is from the official announcement from the Election Committee:
'According to this result, we are pleased to announce that Drs. Eun-Suk Seo and Pil-Neyo Seo were elected as the President of the 29th term and the Auditor of the 28th term, respectively. According to the bylaws, Dr. Eun-Suk Seo will also serve as the Vice President of the current 28th term.'
[Left: Prof. Eun-Suk Seo (next term president)] [Right: Dr. Pil-Neyo Seo (current term auditor)]
Prof. Eun-Suk Seo's acceptance statement: "I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as the 29th president of AKPA. I am greatly honored to accept the responsibility. I would also like to thank the nomination committee and the election committee for overseeing the electoral process."
The first Newsletter in the new administration is available now.
The OYRA nomination period has been extended till the end of this year, December 31, 2009.
(1) OYRA is to recognize and promote excellent researches by young ethnic Korean physicists in North America.
(2) Candidates are limited to those who are within 5 years from the completion of Ph. D. disseratation.
Please check our OYRA Award page for the detailed information.
The Newsletter Volume 28, Number 3 is avaialble now. The contents of the Newsletter are as follows:
- Message from the 28th President of the AKPA
- KPS, together with AKPA
- Featured Article 1: Dirty Superfluid
- Featured Article 2: Ultrafast Terahertz Radiation Generation
- Flash News: The First 7 TeV Proton-Proton Collisions at LHC
- AKPA Annual Meeting held at Portland, Oregon
- Upcoming events and meetings
Thanks to the E-link and Web Management Committee, AKPA homepage now has a new look since Aug. 31, 2010.
Page 4 of 7